Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Rene Bourque Emerging as Reliable Force, but Flames Still Struggling

Filed under:

Rene BourqueCALGARY -- Rene Bourque is being touted as the new 'go-to' guy on the Calgary Flames' roster. All this talk makes the right winger smile and shrug.

"It's a responsibility that you put on yourself and the team puts on you to try to give your best every night,'' Bourque pointed out. "I have to make sure I'm ready to play and provide offense and get this team going.''

Calgary is currently struggling along at 7-9, three points out of the NHL cellar and riding a two-game losing streak. The Flames hope to reverse their fortunes on Wednesday night against Phoenix at the Scotiabank Saddledome.

And one of the guys they rely on to get that reversal is Bourque, who currently leads the team in scoring with eight goals and 14 points. As of late, he's been on a line with Olli Jokinen and Curtis Glencross.

"I think I had a little bit of a slow start,'' he admitted, "but I got hot there for a week. Since then I've been pretty consistent. Obviously, when you're playing well you want the team to win and we're still not. I'm sure there's more I can bring to this team to help win games.''

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/17/rene-bourque-emerging-as-reliable-force-but-flames-still-strugg/

Bo Van Pelt Bubba Watson Camilo Villegas Carlos Puyol Carlos Tevez

No comments:

Post a Comment