Sunday, May 22, 2011

French Open Preview: Confident Andy Murray Hitting Form at the Right Time

Filed under: ,

Andy MurrayWhat a difference a few weeks makes. Andy Murray couldn't buy a win not so long ago but he can now arrive for the French Open confident of causing an upset.

First of all, the Scot has declared himself fully fit for Roland Garros after pulling out of an exhibition match on Thursday with a slight groin problem as a precaution.

He said: "I feel good. I have been playing well on the clay, better than previous years. I feel like I've been training well. Physically I feel like I'm in good shape and I have been moving well, too. I'm looking forward to the start of the tournament."

Then there's his improved form on the clay courts widely regarded as his weakest surface following runs to the semi-finals of the Masters Series events in Monte Carlo and Rome, where he pushed both Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic to three sets, even spurning a chance to serve for the match against the in-form Serb.

Murray said: "Here, because of the nature of the surface, you're going to have to play a lot of long rallies and long points.

"You just have to make sure you're prepared to run and work hard right at the beginning of all of the matches.

"If you're not, you can get behind and it becomes incredibly physical to get yourself back into matches.

"So I think here, more than most, you need to be ready at the start. I think you have to prepare to go behind in matches or go through rough periods and find ways to come out of them."

And finally, there's the draw, which he can consider an extremely favourable one.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/05/21/french-open-preview-confident-andy-murray-hitting-form-at-the-r/

Ricardo Carvalho Ricardo Quaresma Richard Gasquet Rickie Fowler Rio Ferdinand

No comments:

Post a Comment