Wednesday, May 4, 2011

David Goodwillie Ready to Try His Luck in the English Premier League

Filed under: , , , ,

David GoodwillieThe honours just keep rolling in for David Goodwillie and it now seems implausible that he will remain at Dundee United beyond the summer.

The striker has been named Scottish PFA young player of the year and Clydesdale Bank Premier young player of the year after a blistering campaign that has seen him weigh in with 18 goals.

Goodwillie only turned 22 in March but has long been linked with a move to Rangers and now Premier League clubs are being linked with him.

Rangers were said to have bid £1 million for him in the January transfer window following the departure of Kenny Miller for Bursaspor.

Dundee United further protected his value by persuading him to sign a new two-year deal only last month, with 'The Herald' claiming that Everton, Birmingham and Bolton are among the clubs considering a move this month.

Goodwillie still has to face a rape charge after an alleged incident in January but the controversy has not affected him on the field and he admits that he would like to try his luck south of the border in the future.

"I'm really happy with my goals because the tally I was aiming for was 15 and I've achieved that," he told BBC Sport after being awarded the Clydesdale award.

"It's been hard to concentrate on just the football but I've managed to and I'm happy. The manager has been great and the players have been great and that's really helped.

"I'm happy where I am at the moment but obviously I want to further my career and go elsewhere eventually but I'm not saying it will be this year or next year.

"That's up to the manager and the chairman to decide that. I would love to try the Premier League one day and see how I get on."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/05/04/david-goodwillie-ready-to-try-his-luck-in-the-english-premier-le/

Sergio Agüero Sergio Ramos Shunsuke Nakamura Simao Sabrosa Stanislas Wawrinka

No comments:

Post a Comment