Thursday, September 22, 2011

Craig Brown to Fight on Despite Aberdeen's Miserable Night Against East Fife

Filed under: ,

Aberdeen manager Craig BrownFor Aberdeen fans, there will be little consolation in backing East Fife to lose on their betting coupons once again this weekend.

After all John Robertson's side are bottom for Division Two, with four points from their six matches.

But somehow they overcame Aberdeen in their own back yard, drawing 3-3 at Pittodrie before dumping the SPL side out of the League Cup on penalties, with goalkeeper Mark Ridgers saving three spot-kicks.

Exits to lower-league opposition are nothing new to the Dons and there may have been fewer than 4,000 at Pittodrie but it was the last thing that manager Craig Brown needed right now.

They have won just once in the SPL this season and sit 10th in the table, just a point above bottom club Inverness and face an imposing trip to Motherwell this weekend.
Brown, 71, who took over in December last year, did not hold back after the defeat, claiming it was the worst loss of his 34-year career in management.

He said: "I would say that was arguably the worst result of my managerial career.

"I possibly made a mistake by changing the team too much and leaving out good players from the start, thinking we had enough in reserve to cope with this fixture.

"It just confirmed what we thought, that some of the fringe players are not up to the standard we would hope."

But Brown maintains he will not walk away from the job and maintains he can turn Aberdeen around.

Asked if he feared for his job, Brown said: "I have never considered that. I have got confidence in my own ability to turn things around.

"I think Archie (Knox) and I are capable of that. I have never considered my own position at all and even after tonight I'm determined.

"If other people consider it there is nothing I can do about that - I just have to get on with my job conscientiously."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/09/21/craig-brown-to-fight-on-despite-aberdeens-miserable-night-again/

Rafael Nadal Rafael van der Vaart Retief Goosen Ricardo Carvalho Ricardo Quaresma

No comments:

Post a Comment